Hot outside. Hot on the dance floor. That was August for our wedding DJs, with couples all over Chicago partying with their guests to – well, to a little big of everything.
Which songs were biggest on Chicago-area wedding dance floors last month? That’s what we ask our DJs every week. Here’s what guests were loving at their parties during August 2018.
First, a few disclaimers:
- This list is NOT scientific. If you want to know which songs are statistically popular across the country, there are plenty of other places to look. There are just our DJs’ memories of what happened with one particular group of guests at one particular event over the last few weeks. And what happened was, those guests partied down.
- It’s not just what you play; it’s also when you play it. Some of the songs below might be terrible with a different crowd – or even with the same crowd, played at a different time of night. That’s why DJs beat jukeboxes: They’ve learned to take your requests, read your dance floor, and then put your music in the right context to make it a party.
Here’s how we did that in August:
DJ Scott Krema
1. Yeah! – Usher
2. Ignition – R Kelly
3. Pony – Ginuwine
DJ Jack Murray
4. Percolator – Cajmere
5. It’s All Coming Back to Me – Celine Dion
6. The Devil Went Down to Georgia – Charlie Daniels Band
DJ Stephen Vaughn
7. Take On Me – A-Ha
8. I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
9. Piano Man – Billy Joel
DJ Keaton Michael
10. Wanna Be – Spice Girls
11. I Want it That Way – Backstreet Boys
12. I Wanna Dance with Somebody – Whitney Houston
Want more ideas from our wedding DJs in Chicago? Subscribe to this blog.
Leave A Comment