A little bit country; a little bit rock and roll. Plus club, pop, disco and straight-up old-school boy-band. That was September for our wedding couples and their guests.
Which songs were biggest on Chicago wedding DJ dance floors last month? We ask our team that question every week. Here were some of their top plays for last month, September 2018.
First, a few disclaimers:
- This list is NOT scientific. If you want to know which songs are statistically popular across the country, there are plenty of other places to look. There are just our DJs’ memories of what happened with one particular group of guests at one particular event over the last few weeks. And what happened was, those guests partied down.
- It’s not just what you play; it’s also when you play it. Some of the songs below might be terrible with a different crowd – or even with the same crowd, played at a different time of night. That’s why DJs beat jukeboxes: They’ve learned to take your requests, read your dance floor, and then put your music in the right context to make it a party.
Here’s how we did that in September:
DJ Scott Krema
1. Forever Country – Artists of Then, Now & Forever
2. Dixieland Delight – Alabama
3. You Never Even Called Me By My Name – David Allen Coe
DJ Jack Murray
4. I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
5. Suavemente – Elvis Crespo
6. Mambo No. 5 – Lou Bega
DJ Isobela Gloria
7. Wagon Wheel – Old Crow Medicine Show
8. Chicken Fried – Zac Brown Band
9. Cruise (Remix) – Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly
DJ Andrew McGarvey
10. Wanna Dance with Somebody – Whitney Houston
11. Shut Up and Dance – Walk the Moon
12. DJ Got Us Fallin’ in Love – Usher
DJ Stephen Vaughn
13. Party in the USA – Miley Cyrus
14. You Shook Me All Night Long – AC/DC
15. Every Time We Touch – Cascada
DJ Keaton Michael
16. Doses & Mimosas – Cherub
17. I Want it That Way – Backstreet Boys
18. Wannabe – Spice Girls
Want more ideas from our wedding DJs in Chicago? Subscribe to this blog.
Leave A Comment